cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently receieved a pre-approval from Providian/WaMu. My scores are in the lower to middle 600s. Do i stand a chance getting approved? I currently have a auto loan being reported as current and 1 credit card being reported as current. I also have a BK on my report that will fall off in 2009. Thank you
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you got the app, I would apply.  Just be sure once app...

If you got the app, I would apply.  Just be sure once approved you get your scores up.  Mine were about he same when I got my card in June.  I do know that they have been selling off some accounts to a subprime lender.  Those hav already been sold so if you can get it go for it.

They've been good to me as far as CLIs are concerned nd recently upgraded my card to cash back.  They also regularly offer good balance transfer offers.  Just make sure not to use the card until the BT is paid off because they apply payments to the lower interest rate first not the oldest.

You also get a free bankcard enhanced REAL FICO score on their website.
Message 2 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

wamu

I got same thing but my scores were 610/558/608 and i got approved 750 cl to start.Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great CLIs

dekrist wrote:
I got same thing but my scores were 610/558/608 and i got approved 750 cl to start.Smiley Very Happy

They started me at 1k and in six months bumped it to 3k then the next mo upgraded it to cash back

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-10-2007 01:53 PM
Message 4 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

wamu

Sweet im just finishing my sixth month now, i've paid on time and paid more than min. payment every month I really hope to get CLI soon, not for actual use mind you only for the utilization aspect. see if my scores go up anymore.
Message 5 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've actually used mine right after they increased it the...

I've actually used mine right after they increased it they offered another sweet BT at 1.99%.  Couldn't resist.  I don't think I've actually purchased anything since I had the card.  This one was in Feb and should be paid off while everything is still promo rates.  Maybe I'll get the chance to get some cash back after thatSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-10-2007 02:10 PM
Message 6 of 52
antredd67
Contributor

Re: I've actually used mine right after they increased it the...

Great strategy Brammy.  Wamu loves me as well, just increasing my credit limit from 10,500 to 12,000 in February the same month I paid down overall credit balances $8,000.  What I love about Wamu is that they review your accounts pretty regularly and reward you for paying on time.  I can't say that about my Wells Fargo account wh ich I have had much longer than Wamu.  In fact when Wamu initially pre-approved me for their card in April 2003, the limit was 5000. After a year and 6 months, they increased it to 7000, a year later 10,500, and now this year I am at 12,000.  My B of A credit card is at $16,500 as a result of me merging that card with a new card that they approved for me. With time and patience, you will see y our limits inching up very high.
Message 7 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

rustyfan67 wrote:
Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently receieved a pre-approval from Providian/WaMu. My scores are in the lower to middle 600s. Do i stand a chance getting approved? I currently have a auto loan being reported as current and 1 credit card being reported as current. I also have a BK on my report that will fall off in 2009. Thank you

So rusty did you ever apply and BTW antredd  I really hate you!!! Just kidding.  I'm waiting for an offer for their newest card 5% cash back on gas and 10% oneverything else promo... LOL!  I think they'll have t bump me over 5K first though

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-12-2007 05:35 PM
Message 8 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you got the app, I would apply.  Just be sure once app...

Thank you Brammy
Message 9 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

Yes i did, i got a e-mail yesterday saying Welcome to Washington Mutual Platinum Visa, telling me what all i can do when i get my card.  I am looking forward to getting this card.
Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.