cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

If you didn't include WaMu/Providian in your bankruptcy they will approve you. Just be well aware of the terms and conditions. Providian was considered a predatory lender but WaMu is pretty straightforward. Good Luck!
Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wamu

I agree with Brammy,  I would wait for the invite before i applied again. I recieved the invite then applied. Good LuckSmiley Wink
Message 22 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanxs BMaxSmiley Very Happy
Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Great CLIs

How do you know if you're account has been sold to a subprime lender?  I have a WaMu account and it still says wamu/providian on my report and I still go to their website to do my account management.
Message 24 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

KDM wrote:
How do you know if you're account has been sold to a subprime lender?  I have a WaMu account and it still says wamu/providian on my report and I still go to their website to do my account management.

The last batch has already been sold.  Not saying more aren't to come.  If your account had been sold, you would have received a letter informing you that SST/CB&T would be handling your account as of the 27th I believe.  From what I hear, those who were sold can no longer access their accounts on the website.

Message 25 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you know if I will even get an invite? I may not.

Message 26 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Suze said, that lenders look at your debt to income ratio. That having high limits works against you. Did I miss understand?
Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny1 wrote:
I thought Suze said, that lenders look at your debt to income ratio. That having high limits works against you. Did I miss understand?

Lenders do look at your avail credit and may be uncomfortable if you have limits that are beyondyour ability to repay should they become maxed out.

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to get a Chase card.  Does anyone know what score you must have to qualify?  Also, I don't want to apply and get a small cl.
Message 29 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
how do you know if I will even get an invite? I may not.

True, however you said you applied just a month ago, my advice is give it some time, if you have decent scores maybe another cc will give you even better rates and benefits than wm. In my learning of how all this works, if you apply to many times in a short period, sometimes lenders look badly upon you, they think you are desperate for credit. Its not true in many cases, people are just shopping around for the best rates. Hope this helps. Best of Luck!
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.