BMax

Re: Hello. I have a question about wamu/providian. I recently...

If you didn't include WaMu/Providian in your bankruptcy they will approve you. Just be well aware of the terms and conditions. Providian was considered a predatory lender but WaMu is pretty straightforward. Good Luck!
Established Member
rustyfan67

Re: wamu

I agree with Brammy,  I would wait for the invite before i applied again. I recieved the invite then applied. Good Luck:smileywink:
Established Member
rustyfan67

Thanxs BMax:smileyvery-happy:
Regular Contributor
KDM

Re: Great CLIs

How do you know if you're account has been sold to a subprime lender?  I have a WaMu account and it still says wamu/providian on my report and I still go to their website to do my account management.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

KDM wrote:
How do you know if you're account has been sold to a subprime lender?  I have a WaMu account and it still says wamu/providian on my report and I still go to their website to do my account management.

The last batch has already been sold.  Not saying more aren't to come.  If your account had been sold, you would have received a letter informing you that SST/CB&T would be handling your account as of the 27th I believe.  From what I hear, those who were sold can no longer access their accounts on the website.

patunia00

how do you know if I will even get an invite? I may not.

New Visitor
funny1

I thought Suze said, that lenders look at your debt to income ratio. That having high limits works against you. Did I miss understand?
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

funny1 wrote:
I thought Suze said, that lenders look at your debt to income ratio. That having high limits works against you. Did I miss understand?

Lenders do look at your avail credit and may be uncomfortable if you have limits that are beyondyour ability to repay should they become maxed out.

Regular Contributor
KDM

I'd like to get a Chase card.  Does anyone know what score you must have to qualify?  Also, I don't want to apply and get a small cl.
Established Member
rustyfan67

patunia00 wrote:
how do you know if I will even get an invite? I may not.

True, however you said you applied just a month ago, my advice is give it some time, if you have decent scores maybe another cc will give you even better rates and benefits than wm. In my learning of how all this works, if you apply to many times in a short period, sometimes lenders look badly upon you, they think you are desperate for credit. Its not true in many cases, people are just shopping around for the best rates. Hope this helps. Best of Luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}