badHeadache

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change :smileysad: I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?
badHeadache

Re: Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Please help
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Need to send to them Certified Mail.

Do not call them EVER!!!

Any chance you had Nextel?
badHeadache

YEs... However I already sent them disputing the alleged debt. I sent them the disputes by FAX. and it has been over 30 days. Should I start over all again .. this time sending by CMMR? What if they dont reply to me this time again within 30 days and still continue to report? I really do not want to litigate.. However, I will take my chances if necessary? Is there any way to have these deleted without litigation?
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

badHeadache wrote:
Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change :smileysad: I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?

If you signed a contract for 2 years & leave the country for 1 year, the bill is yours!
If you never had service to begin with........

Sprint is the OC
Collection of America is a CA {collection agency)

Call sprint & see if they have your records.
Send a DV to CA...in it add that you want documentation with your signiture and all account history. DO NOT SIGN IT!!!!  type everything and send CMRRR

Never talk to a CA on the phone!!!!! they lie!
Check your state SOL    also see if the CA must be licensed in your state

Keep copies of all letters & RRR
IF you never had this service send a complaint to the FCC  www.ftc.gov

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+