Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change Smiley Sad I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?

Re: Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in...

Please help
Moderator Emeritus

Need to send to them Certified Mail.

Do not call them EVER!!!

Any chance you had Nextel?

YEs... However I already sent them disputing the alleged debt. I sent them the disputes by FAX. and it has been over 30 days. Should I start over all again .. this time sending by CMMR? What if they dont reply to me this time again within 30 days and still continue to report? I really do not want to litigate.. However, I will take my chances if necessary? Is there any way to have these deleted without litigation?
Moderator Emeritus

badHeadache wrote:
Hello I need help please! I have a collection reported in my credit reports from a company called Collection Co of America. They say in my report that the original creditor is Sprint. According to them, I had an account with Sprint during 2004. However, I did not personally received any such service from Sprint during that time. I was out of USA the whole year. Now, I used online dispute service by both Experian and Transunion. Both came as being reported as it is without any change Smiley Sad I , then, sent the Collection CO of America fax asking to have the alleged account investigated. They ignored. I called them a few days later and asked if they received my fax. I have a successful fax transmission record with me. When I told them that the conversation is being recorded, they came on record to say that they have and gave me another fax number. I sent the original dispute letter again. I waited for three weeks without any replies. I then sent them another fax asking them to validate my account. I asked for specific documents. They did not reply back. Now the 30 day is over. What should I do? If I go on to do online dispute again, TU and Experian will report it as been mine since they seem to have it verified somehow. This is a small Collection for 244 dollars. I can go to courts for small claims. How much will I get if I go to court for this? Also, rather then going to court, can I somehow have this deleted/? How can I have them contact me? It seems like they are ignoring me no matter what. Can I ask them to send me replied by FAX only rather than mail ?

If you signed a contract for 2 years & leave the country for 1 year, the bill is yours!
If you never had service to begin with........

Sprint is the OC
Collection of America is a CA {collection agency)

Call sprint & see if they have your records.
Send a DV to CA...in it add that you want documentation with your signiture and all account history. DO NOT SIGN IT!!!!  type everything and send CMRRR

Never talk to a CA on the phone!!!!! they lie!
Check your state SOL    also see if the CA must be licensed in your state

Keep copies of all letters & RRR
IF you never had this service send a complaint to the FCC  www.ftc.gov

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.