Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everybody!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody!

Just joined forum.   I became U.S. citizen in Oct. 2014 and need help creating my credit history.  Since I have zero credit history in U.S.,  I applied for Opensky secured and was denied because they could not verify my ssn ( I have checking account and they had no problem with my ssn, not sure why Opensky could not verify. Could be because my ssn has been dormant for 50 years with zero activity on it).   I will be added to my fathers HSBC platinum mastercard as a AU, the card holds a $15k CL, is 18 yrs old and has zero balance, always paid in full. The problem is I dont know if HSBC reports AU to credit agencies.  I appreciate any help & suggestions.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello everybody!

Yes they report to the Credit Bureaus. That should eventually help you out also.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you are added as an AU, let it report for a few months before you try to apply for any credit.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tendertan wrote:
Yes they report to the Credit Bureaus. That should eventually help you out also.

Thanks, I had heard that HSBC did not report their AU anymore. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Once you are added as an AU, let it report for a few months before you try to apply for any credit.

Would that include secured CC?  I was planning to go after Capitol One and then ask all of you for suggestions on what to do next.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.