cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! AFTER ALL THIS HARD WORK I HAVE A LATE PAYMENT (BEALLS)

tag
let
Regular Contributor

Help!! AFTER ALL THIS HARD WORK I HAVE A LATE PAYMENT (BEALLS)

I am so paranoid about keeping my credit clean, after all this hard work, I finally had good enough credit to get a mortgage and just 4 days ago my credit was good enough to buy a new car.  Today while shopping at Beall's I get denied, I am shocked!! I knew my balance was small, so I called.  They tell me that I missed September and October..$54.00.I paid it right away.  Long story short the rep tells me its been reported automatically to the credit bureau..I asked for a supervisor and she was no help...they are reporting me..I checked my credit report this morning on credit check total and it's not showing yet...ANY IDEAS?? PLEASE HELP, I have worked so hard for this not to happen and it is really worrying me!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! AFTER ALL THIS HARD WORK I HAVE A LATE PAYMENT (BEALLS)

In my experience there was a reason the payment was missed. Either they sent it to the wrong address or it was some how their fault for not getting in touch with me about a payment being due ie phone call after being past due date.

So you can dispute the late payments if it is a legit reason -not your fault - with proof ofcourse that the payments were missed and then its up to the credit bureaus to investigate and take off or leave it.

You may need to have backup on your reason ie they have incorrect records on file within those months

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why was it late?

Message 3 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Those are some mighty big if's.

You can't dispute lates with the CRA's because the bill didn't reach you, etc. When you dispute with the CRA's, all they do is contact the lender and ask if you were late. The lender says "Yep," and then it's verified.

Don't go there.

OP, how did the payments get missed?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 15
let
Regular Contributor

I have all of my payments set up online to pay automatically. I know I set it up! Maybe I did miss them I just don't see how! So I should expect my scores to take a nose dive, huh? I am so madam myself.
Message 5 of 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If you have your payments set up online back track the dates and see if payment was made. You might be 100 % correct that you made the payment. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need to pin point what exactly happened. All we can do is speculate. Such as perhaps the minimum payment was higher than you thought or set it up to be. Maybe everyone can give you better advice on how to proceed once you find out exactly what happened.

Message 7 of 15
scrubs
Regular Contributor

never set up automatic payments on a cc or any type of payments and not check on them to see if the payments was sent. only way for removal is asked for "good well"  and also point out you been a good customer  etc.

Message 8 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

@scrubs wrote:

never set up automatic payments on a cc or any type of payments and not check on them to see if the payments was sent. only way for removal is asked for "good well"  and also point out you been a good customer  etc.

+1

I am not a big fan of auto payments.   I reccomend that you pay the bill online 3 business days before it is due.  Also if you can, make at least the minimum payment as soon as the statement drops.  Who is the underlying CCC for Bealls?  Also you might want to go to the store itself and speak with the manager.  You never know what could happen.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have automatic payments setup for my accounts and it's worked well.  I do check shortly after the due date to verify a automatic payment posted.  If you don't like watching your credit card activity you could verify the payment was deducted from your savings or checking account.  Did you look at your savings or checking account statement?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.