Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Authorized user problems!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Authorized user problems!

I stupidly stopped paying on my Sears credit card about 6 months ago.  It was charged off two days ago; found out cause I called because I finally had the money to pay the money past due! Too late for that now!  I will be making payment arrangements to pay off my debt with the credit recovery department it in. Problem now is that experian and transunion reported this on my husband's credit report; equifax has not.  He is an authorized user; but he never knew and never used the card.  I added him one time through the online payment center.   What are my chances in having him removed as an AU.  He worked so hard to built his good credit; I can't sleep at night knowing what i've done to him!  Plus, my son is heading off to college in 6 months. We were hoping to be able to help in out financially. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Help! Authorized user problems!

just call & ask to have him removed.  it should be quick & painless Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Authorized user problems!

Hello and welcome.

As laz said it's a very simple process to have him removed.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

erearRe: Help! Authorized user problems!

Thanks for your fast response. I called Sears this morning, and they removed him from the account. They will be sending me a letter confirming this removal.  Will this automatically remove Sears from his credit report or do I need to dispute with the credit card agencie?

Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: erearRe: Help! Authorized user problems!

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your fast response. I called Sears this morning, and they removed him from the account. They will be sending me a letter confirming this removal.  Will this automatically remove Sears from his credit report or do I need to dispute with the credit card agencie?

You shouldn't have to do anything further but of course always follow up just to make sure it was removed.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! You definitely made my holidays!  Merry Chistmas, and may God Bless you!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears is no longer showing on his CR.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.