Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ! Can CA do this ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help ! Can CA do this ?

Recently my boyfriend and I had our credit pulled for a mortgage review (how stupid we were) the lady told us that she was sure she'd get us financed so we decided ok , let's try. She didn't get us approved.
Now everyone whom he had in collection is calling (all fall off in 2008) but our local collection agency went and added everything in his collection file to me and sent me a notice. So now they say I owe his collections and they will report to CRA, can they do this ? All happened way b4 we were ever together. It took me almost a year to get most of my Ex sister in law's stuff out of my reports (we had same first and last name just different SS# and DOB and middle intial) All I have is 3 items left of her's to get off my record now they add his to me =( . I feel like I'll never hit 600 and was so close at 593 TU . NO EQUIFAX or EXPERIAN score yet. Even mortgage lady couldn't get a score on those two .
Please help, I argued his debts were not my problem and the lady told me "Guess what doesn't marriage Suck ? His bills are now your bills "
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help ! Can CA do this ?

Before anyone can answer your question, you will need to tell them is he now your boyfriend or your husband.  You said BF, and then said the CA lady said married.  Either way, it would seem prudent for you to have seperate accounts until all this is cleared up.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we are not legally married but we plan to one day (I am married to another, but have been hiding from him for some time) I told Collection lady we were not married that I am married to someone else but because of fear I have used my friends name to hide ( judge gave me permission ) collection lady told me "Nice try , I hear stories all day "
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV the notice -

I might even contact National Association of Consumer Advocates naca.net and get a free consultation with an attorney for possible FDCPA violations.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting in touch with a consumer lawyer was my thoughts to.   You will need to take a strong stance on this which may require you to submit a ITS letter.   This is a case where the CA is abusing the situation and using the CRAs as accomplances.  All parties (CA and all CRAs) need to be aware of what is being done.  You will need to complain to both the CA with copies to all the CRAs they have provided the information to.   Copy the BBB, your states AG, and the FTC.   Let them know from the get go you are not sitting down for such abusive tactics.   All correspondence needs to be sent CMRR
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.