Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Capital One/Shermeta Law Group Default Judgment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Capital One/Shermeta Law Group Default Judgment

Hello,

I was sued by Shermeta Law Group on behalf of Capital One. This is the court docket (below). I never received the civil summons notice they say they mailed on 2/3/17. Today I received a notice from the law firm in the mail saying they received default judgment on 3/29, since I never showed up to court. How is that possible, when the answer date was set for 4/6?? What if anything can or I should I do?? Please help!

Municipal Court · Docket Entry Entry Date Short Entry Full Entry 3/8/2017 Service for Alias Summons to RHL sent via Certific Service for Alias Summons to RHL sent via Certificate of Mailing was Perfected on 03/09/2017 Answer Due Date : 04/06/2017 3/8/2017 Alias Summons notice served to RHL via Certificate Alias Summons notice served to RHL via Certificate of Mailing (receipt# ) 3/8/2017 Service for Civil Summons to RHL sent via Certifie Service for Civil Summons to RHL sent via Certified Mail was Unclaimed on 03/06/2017 2/3/2017 Civil Summons notice served toRHL via Certified M Civil Summons notice served to RHL via Certified Mail (receipt# ) 2/3/2017 Paid $140.00 for receipt# 2017170801 by TRICIA N MCKINNON. Paid $140.00 for receipt# 2017170801 by TRICIA N MCKINNON. 2/3/2017 Original Claim for $2100.06 Filed, CAPITAL ONE BANK USA NA Original Claim for $2100.06 Filed, CAPITAL ONE BANK USA NA

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Capital One/Shermeta Law Group Default Judgment

When did you default on this capital one account?

How long have you lived at your current address?

Is your current address on your three credit reports?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Motion to vacate due to sewer service.  Cap 1 I think still has or just removed removed arb clause. If they do have 1) vacate sewer service and 2) file motion  to compel arb.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, thanks for the quick replies! Yes, they have my current address. I've lived here almost 4 years.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card is 3 years old. Got it in 2014. Got garnished on an old city tax debt which put me behind on other bills.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dud receive the 2nd summons notice from the court. That one I received on 3/8. The first one they said was served on 2/28 I never received. The one from 3/8 had an answer date of 4/6. Yet Shermeta got default judgment on 3/29.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Defaulted on card in 2015 or 16.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.