Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Frustrated!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Frustrated!

So I have been doing a great job of staying on top of my credit during my rebuilding, somehow my mortgage company accidentally reported me 30 days late! I immediately contacted them and they corrected it with the 3 credit bureaus. I subscribe to Experian who notified me when I saw a 27 point drop. Well it's been corrected but when I run my score with them it's still down 22 of the points I lost. It's making me mad since they are my lowest to begin with. I'm at 698 TU and 690 EQ. I was 661 EX before this. Do you think it will rebound when they report this month. It states current.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Frustrated!

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have been doing a great job of staying on top of my credit during my rebuilding, somehow my mortgage company accidentally reported me 30 days late! I immediately contacted them and they corrected it with the 3 credit bureaus. I subscribe to Experian who notified me when I saw a 27 point drop. Well it's been corrected but when I run my score with them it's still down 22 of the points I lost. It's making me mad since they are my lowest to begin with. I'm at 698 TU and 690 EQ. I was 661 EX before this. Do you think it will rebound when they report this month. It states current.

Yes, your score will rebound to what it was as long as nothing else changed in your credit file

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Experian confirmed that they in fact received the corrected info from your mortgage company? I had this once as well and the bank kept insisting it was corrected and I would cal Experian and they would tell me nope. I had to escalate the issue several times to really get it handled properly on the bank end. My take is the person you speak to who says it is corrected is not really in touch with the division that updates the credit reports so when the CRAs update the info, the bad/inaccurate info just gets reconfirmed automatically. I watch this like a hawk.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did your "contact" involve the filing of a dispute, either with the CRA or by way of a direct dispute with the creditor?

If so, you may still have a pending dispute flag on your report, which could continue to affect scoring.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.