Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Frustrated!!

tag
TULO30
Contributor

Help!! Frustrated!!

I am getting really frustrated about my FICO score statements and I could really use some help.

Currently myfico.com shows my scores as TU-693, EX-693, EQ-700. 

The problem is when I go to the Experian website (I am also a subscriber there) it shows my score as 663.  This is about 40 points lower than the scores I am given on this website!!Smiley Mad

I don't get the variations.  How am I to know what my REAL score is?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! Frustrated!!

The score you receive from myFICO are the only ones that matter. The EXP score is a FAKO- read the 101 thread.

@TULO30 wrote:
I am getting really frustrated about my FICO score statements and I could really use some help.
Currently myfico.com shows my scores as TU-693, EX-693, EQ-700.
The problem is when I go to the Experian website (I am also a subscriber there) it shows my score as 663. This is about 40 points lower than the scores I am given on this website!!Smiley Mad
I don't get the variations. How am I to know what my REAL score is?

Message 2 of 10
TULO30
Contributor

Timothy, thank you for your response.  I am familiar with the FAKO/FICO concept.  But, my understanding is that the Experian score that is given out freecreditreport.com is not a FAKO it is a FICO score.

Does anyone know?  Is the experian score given on freecreditreport.com a FAKO?

Thank you for your help!
Message 3 of 10
George2037
Regular Contributor

Only place to get a FICO score is FICO.  The CRA's don't want to pay FICO for a real FICO score so they created their own FACKO system. 
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is a FAKO-

Eq sells a FICO, at myFICO you get a FICO and some hidden place on TU you can get a FICO-

That is it-no where else

@TULO30 wrote:
Timothy, thank you for your response. I am familiar with the FAKO/FICO concept. But, my understanding is that the Experian score that is given out freecreditreport.com is not a FAKO it is a FICO score.
Does anyone know? Is the experian score given on freecreditreport.com a FAKO?
Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 10
TULO30
Contributor

Wow!  Interesting that they Experian is not providing a true fico score on freecreditreport.com 

Just one more question...

If the credit bureaus do not provide FICO scores to us, which scores are they providing to bank, credit card companies, etc?  

Don't these companies solicit the credit bureaus for our scores when we apply for credit?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK-
CRA's (TU, EQ, EQ)are data collectors.

When someone pulls your report/score it runs though the FICO formula and spits out a score.

So the better answer is - EX does not sell FICO scores to consumers.

@TULO30 wrote:
Wow! Interesting that they Experian is not providing a true fico score on freecreditreport.com
Just one more question...
If the credit bureaus do not provide FICO scores to us, which scores are they providing to bank, credit card companies, etc?
Don't these companies solicit the credit bureaus for our scores when we apply for credit?

Message 7 of 10
TULO30
Contributor

Okay, got it.  Thank you very much!!
Message 8 of 10
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

I think you guys are wrong about ex, when you sign up for their service it says you get unlimited free reports of ex with Fico scores.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please post a link.

@gNaRKiLL wrote:
I think you guys are wrong about ex, when you sign up for their service it says you get unlimited free reports of ex with Fico scores.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.