Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - GMAC 90 days late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - GMAC 90 days late

I need some help on how exactly to proceed with the folks at GMAC Mortgage. All three of the credit agencies are reporting my account with GMAC as Paid/Closed/90 Days Past Due. The account was paid in full and closed Feb.1st, 2006.

I was late on the loan up until the time we were able to sell our home and pay it off. I do not dispute the fact that I was late up until that date. What I dispute is the fact that if you look at the CURRENT STATUS of this loan it says 90 DAYS LATE.

On my 3 agency report it shows that I have ONE account that is currently delinquient.......GMAC - 90 DAYS LATE.

I have tried 3 times calling and talking to the morons at GMAC to get them to correct this. Its useless! They say: "Your account is paid in full, you don't owe us anything". CORRECT! So report it correctly to the credit agencies.........they say: "We are reporting it correctly, you were 90 days late when you paid it off 23 months ago". It like talking to Mo, Larry and Curly......its as if they can't understand why it would show that I'm 90 Days Late NOW.

What exactly do I say in my letter to make them sit up and take notice and get this corrected!

Thanks in advance for any help you can be.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - GMAC 90 days late

Unfortuanatly- this reporting is correct.
EX lists Paid/Closed was 90 days past due

EQ and TU wake it look like it is past due- it really is not- more of a limitation of their report.

On closed installment account they must mark the payment histroy in the status.

I can't find the reporting codes- I have posted them before try searching for them.
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Help - GMAC 90 days late

I have something similar on an old, closed gas card. The last payment was 30 days late. My EX FICO report shows current status as "OK/Was 30 days late." MY TrueCredit report shows it as "Late 30 days." And my straight-from-EX report shows it as "Paid,Closed/Past due 30 days."

Annoying, but not much we can do.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.