Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help- I'm New!

tag
harleyquinn
Established Member

Re: Help- I'm New!

Okay that is great. One I am sure was the first credit card I ever owned, and I am sure I haven't had that card in forever...and it is def not on my report. The other was for a gym, and I know I haven't belonged to them since around 94 or 95.
I am really stunned how they can just keep on selling your debt!
Thanks everyone
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson wrote:

fused111 wrote:

Anderson wrote:
Fused-
So, you advise this only because the OP has not responded within the allotted 30 days?

fused111 wrote: 
The SOL in NY is six years. What this means is the CA can try and collect the debt but they cannot sue you. I received a couple letters just like the one you got in my mailbox several months ago. What did I do, I ignored them. I wouldn't worry about it. DO NOT DV the CA, it's too late. If they try and report anything on your CRs let us know and we will help you.

Either way, I would ignore them! Since I received these letters, I have not received a single follow-up letter or even one phone call.

OK. I just received a similar letter, out of SOL, fallen off CR. I DV'd them cause I don't want letters & phone calls. I want to know exactly what they know, and if they screw with me I want it documented.

We'll see how it plays out for the 3 of us.

Keep in mind that the state SOL is past the CA can not file suit and neither can the OC  BUT the OC can still try & collect because you do owe them. How they can collect is beyond me.They sure can't from me
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

harleyquinn wrote:
Okay that is great. One I am sure was the first credit card I ever owned, and I am sure I haven't had that card in forever...and it is def not on my report. The other was for a gym, and I know I haven't belonged to them since around 94 or 95.
I am really stunned how they can just keep on selling your debt!
Thanks everyone

Well, you've got two opinions. I'll defer to fused only because he's a Moderator. I've got a similar situation, you can read all about it here-

Good luck
Message 13 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

JDB's commonly mail these types of letters to scare you into paying them. Some people who don't know the laws and don't know their rights simply pay. Not a good idea. I know what they can and cannot do. They know they cannot report the collection, it's too late. As far as I'm concerned they can go fly a kite.
Message 14 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MODS are not omniscient!Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.