Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Incorrect data on credit report!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Incorrect data on credit report!

So I just did my annual free credit report and to my suprise my dad's activity showed up with mine, what do I do to get it off my report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Incorrect data on credit report!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just did my annual free credit report and to my suprise my dad's activity showed up with mine, what do I do to get it off my report?

You would dispute any accounts that are his as not yours and indicate that they belong to your father.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Incorrect data on credit report!

Experian did sometihing similiar with me and my daughter. I was shown as an "also known as" on her credit report and her name was shown as an "also known as" on my report. I called and they straightened it out. However, I am thinking a letter might be in order for your situation. I am sure someone in these forums has had that happen.

Good luck and don't give up. Sometimes it takes many letters and/or calls to straighten thiings out.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.