Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Me Fico Friends

Look into FHA, too!
Message 11 of 14
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

I talked with my bank and they advised me to get to 620 so I can get out of the sub-prime area.  I am definately going FHA too....so I don't think I need a 680, well at least as of today....plus FHA loans I think have certain rates that are decent since it is a first time home loan, they don't necessarily say you have to have a certain credit score, but my bank requires me to have a 620.
9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually - these days you do not have to be a "first time" buyer to go FHA. You  must meet the income requirements for the loan size you are going for, be under the lending limit for your area, and currently, the house must undergo an appraissal/inspection by a FHA accepted appraiser. I hear that FHA is going to offer as-is loans shortly, in addition to the 203 rehab program....
Message 13 of 14
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Aw, thanks for the information, I have been reading and reading a lot on the boards and about FHA loans at their site.  I hope to be very prepared before going for the loan, LOL guess I have fear of rejection!! Smiley Very Happy
9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.