Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Merrick Bank changed dola

tag
veerob982003
Established Member

Help! Merrick Bank changed dola

Please advise me on this situation:  I have a charged-off account with Merrick Bank.  According to EX, this account was suppose to be removed from my credit report in Sept 2007.  Therefore, I reported the account a few weeks ago as obsolete.  I received an email on this past Friday stating that the removal date is now October 2007 based on updated, verified information from Merrick Bank.  However, for the past 2-3 years, this account has been showing a removal date of Sept 2007.  How can Merrick Bank all of a sudden change the date and remain on my CR.  I know its only 1 month but what if they do the same thing next month.  Please advise!

Thanks,

Vee

PS

This account was never on TU.  I applied for a Hooters Card in July and was denied.  Little did I know that the issuer of Hoot was Merrick Bank and they pull TU CR.  Of course this account was now on TU CR.  I disputed it as obsolete around Sept 1st and it was deleted as of last week!

Message Edited by veerob982003 on 09-09-2007 06:13 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Merrick Bank changed dola

This is one of the bad outcomes of trying to get something removes early or before the CRA does it automatically.

Chances are the DOFD was reported off a month an they are sticking it to you for another month.

Also advisable to do disputes like this in writing instead of online-
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.