Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!!! Score Dropped Fast!!

tag
vdubin
New Visitor

Help Please!!! Score Dropped Fast!!

Guys, I need some help...my wife's credit dropped from an 810 to a 691 like a rock. A company named "Creditsol" brought something up from her past...some $117 collection.Keep in mind this was 6 years ago. It came out of nowhere. Should I pay it?...Problem is, I have no idea how to contact this company...no Google results...nothing!! Problem #2...A company called her sister...sister called us...it was a collection agency...I thought great...I can take care of this...I call them back, it was a totally different collection call from an account she opened in 1997 and stopped paying in 1999. I guess it fell off her report...are they going to bring that current, since I called them?! They didn't speak to her directly... PLEASE HELP... 1) How can I pay a company if I have no idea how to contact them? 2) Contact a company that is trying to collect from 1999...what can I expect next? I never gave them our #. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Please!!! Score Dropped Fast!!

Wow that's a big drop for such an old item and small amount. Is this the only account in collections?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the credit reports from equifax or myfico there should be a phone number listed on the account when you pull your credit. But if you talked to them that would make it current I believe.

Do a PFD "pay for delete" quick. Thats a BIG drop

Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

v..........When you have such a high score, even a small hiccup affects you greatly. What is your state's SOL?  You also need to find out who the original creditor was and determine your DOFD. You can find this out by calling the CRA and asking them. Make sure you have a copy of their CR handy when you talk to them.

I would dispute this item as incomplete or inaccurate information. At this stage I would NOT contact the CA.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 7
vdubin
New Visitor

Thanks Cobra...she opened the account in MA...but now lives here in FL. So the SOL would be in MA...correct? In regards to me contacting that agency...and it happened to be for a totally different account, will they bring that current? They didn't speak to my wife (account holder) directly? I never gave them any info...I didn't even know about that old account?
Message 5 of 7
vdubin
New Visitor

sorry...didn't finish my question...by me contacting them about that account that is 10 years old, will they bring that current? Thanks again...
Message 6 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

A CA cannot reage an account just because you talked to them or they talked to you. It is my understanding they can only reage if you make a payment and then stop.

Call the CRA and get the date of your last payment with the OC. Your CR should indicate who the OC is/was.

MA SOL is 6 years.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.