Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Public Record

tag
Bethm1026
Contributor

Help!! Public Record

I have had a public record put BACK on my CR!!
This was taken off in 2004 "poof" it is back on!!
This is the ONLY PR I've had. It is from a cc that I was an AU on of my ex's.

What do I do now??
It is ONLY on my EX.........the worst report of mine as well as lowest score.
They are the hardest IMHO to get stuff deleted since it's only done online.
Any ideas of what to do?
I want to buy a house by December but I'll never get there with these old deamons popping up!     
10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! Public Record

They MUST notify you within 5 days to re-insert, The funisher must certify the data, the CRA must prevent re-insert.
FCRA § 611(5)(B) Requirements Relating to Reinsertion of Previously Deleted Material

(i) Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph

(A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

(ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause

(ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

(C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph (other than information that is reinserted in accordance with subparagraph (B)(i)).
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dipspute as "illegal re-insert and not-mine"

My guess is your ex disputed this- causing an update.
The CRA MUST prevent re-insert 
Message 3 of 9
happy0510
Established Contributor

Don't worry...over at the mortgage forum folks have qualified for a home loan with a PR as long as it is paid off before closing...plus it's been 2 years...so that's good! I have one from 05 and i'm pretty confident I will qualify for my loan in  a year!! But....of course do what you can to get it deleted!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
happy0510
Established Contributor

Oh yeah and mine is only showing up on my EQ as well...I was a little curious about that and didn't want to dispute it cause I was worried it would show up on my TU and EX...hmmm I wonder if anyone knows that answer to that...

Message Edited by happy0510 on 04-08-2008 09:09 AM

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Bethm1026
Contributor

Re: Help!! Public Record ***Update

Ok....I disputed with Ex via online dispute.
It came back today as verified!!
This was org. on my report 3/2003 and deleted 6/2003
Now it is back on..........
What do I do now??
I've never had this happen before
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a copy of both CRs showing it on & deleted??
Always file a complaint at www.ftc.gov

IF so   fax or mail CMRRR  to any CRA reporting.......NOT MINE   Illegally re-insurted!

If it is validated again    MOV the CRA  CMRRR

am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-09-2008 10:53 AM
Message 7 of 9
Bethm1026
Contributor

Thanks guys!
I am going to fax this out today.
Lo & behold I have ANOTHER just like it on another report.
I guess my disputing is stirring up old stuff!
Should I stop disputing? 
Message 8 of 9
Bethm1026
Contributor

MOV = ??? Sorry
I'm learning
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.