Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Question on fair reporting Act and Sprint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Question on fair reporting Act and Sprint

Im really sick of credit--- but i know hat you have to be smart at all times---I switched my provider from sprint to AtT------  I have a balance wtih sprint---its a little high --so yesterday i made  a payment---  I do not want to default   i just want to keep makng payments... Under the fair Credit reproting ACt----- Can sprint turn me over to collection and report on my credit buruea if im making payments...  Im really confused.. The customer service rep said if i did not pay in full they would report me to credit.......I think thats false---because I have not paid my bill before in full and they did not report me

I have more than on line with sprint so I have not cut off all ties---just my main line

what to do---i regards to Fair reporting act laws-----I hate people being mean

Message Edited by lalahouse on 02-23-2008 04:23 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Question on fair reporting Act and Sprint

lalahouse wrote:
Im really sick of credit--- but i know hat you have to be smart at all times---I switched my provider from sprint to AtT------  I have a balance wtih sprint---its a little high --so yesterday i made  a payment---  I do not want to default   i just want to keep makng payments... Under the fair Credit reproting ACt----- Can sprint turn me over to collection and report on my credit buruea if im making payments...  Im really confused.. The customer service rep said if i did not pay in full they would report me to credit.......I think thats false---because I have not paid my bill before in full and they did not report me

I have more than on line with sprint so I have not cut off all ties---just my main line

what to do---i regards to Fair reporting act laws-----I hate people being mean

Message Edited by lalahouse on 02-23-2008 04:23 AM

Even if you are making payment's to sprint, you did sign a contract or agree to their terms of service, probably for each service product you have. They can report you if you become delinquent with them. Now that you have changed provider's, they are going to want what is due on the account. Since you still have a product in service, ask if you can make payment arrangements to keep this from going onto your credit reports. They may or may not agree. Again, you were bound to an agreement with them, so no law against them for reporting the fact you failed to pay.  
Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They are correct, unfortunately. I would find a way to pay of the balance to Sprint ASAP. Even if you are making small payments, they can report your acct as a CO to each CR. Unfortunately, if you do pay it off after it reports, it will report as a paid off CO, which is just as bad as an unpaid CO, score-wise.

Another option is to call Sprint back and work out a payment arrangement with someone. If the first person said "No", they second may say "Yes". Don't take No for an answer but be aggressive in paying it off (2-3 months). Just clarify with them that they won't take any action to your reports so as long as you pay them at the agreed to schedule.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok---- im going to cal sprint--but i have not canceled wtih sprint

I have 3 lines
i took one line away---
the other two are still there---Im still a client of sprint---
i have not canceled my contract---they can report me if im paying and have not canceled all of my contracts
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They can still report you on that one contract even if the others are active. The difference now is this acct is closed. They tend to act quickly on the assumption that the typical customer may not pay at all.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call and see if you can make arrangements. Since you are still a customer, they may be more willing to work with you.

Do you have an agreement for EACH line? Did you sign up for all 3 at once? What were the terms at signing should you drop one? All of this you should have known prior to service. Again, it depends on Sprint and their TOS.
Message 6 of 7
rbrown973
Regular Contributor

Hey, I have sprint as well and have been with them for quite some time... I have two lines with sprint for me and my son... However I was unhappy with there service but due to the contract agreements i'm stuck.. For about 1yr. now I have moved on with another verizon but yet I still have both lines with sprint... I called them and changed my plan to the shared min. plans and added a package just for my sons usage. Sprint hasn't reported me yet.
The Grass Is always Greener On The Other Side
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.