Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Score dropped 33 points!

tag
namron77
Valued Member

Help! Score dropped 33 points!

Friday I put in a dispute for an obsolete account on my credit report.  Today I got a notice that my score dropped 33 points!  Is this normal?  According to ScoreWatch, the only thing that changed was that my status on this particular collection is showing as disputed.  I'm freaking out right now!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
namron77
Valued Member

Re: Help! Score dropped 33 points!

Okay, literally one day after my dispute Experian came back with results that the account will remain until November.  The DOFD was October 1999!  What do I do!!!!  It says account was verified as correct, but it can't be. I even spoke to the OC on Thursday and confirmed the DOFD.  Could Midland Credit Management have changed information?  I'm really scared because my score just went down from 528 to 495.  We are hoping to move in the next month.  This is how the account shows:

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2008.
This item was verified and updated on Feb 2008.

Date Opened: 09/2005
Type: Collection
Credit Limit: $347    

Date of Status:12/2006

Terms: 1 Months 

High Balance: NA     

Reported Since: 12/2006

Monthly Payment: $0

Recent Balance: $347    

Last Reported Date: 02/2008

Responsibility: Joint 

Recent Payment: $0  
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

fire off a mov (method of validation) letter to the cra that verified it.
Message 3 of 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

As tough as this might be I would just let it fall off in November.  The nov date means that it went delinquent in nov of 2001.  I am in a similar place.  I have 7 (yes 7) collection accounts that will fall off my credit starting in june and ending in October.  I also am  wanting to get a house.  But after much thinking I have decided to just wait.  The economy is sinking and knowing that in a year's time my score will be and could be higher.  So as hard as it is ( I want my own place so badly, no more upstairs people walking across the floor at all hours etc) I am going to just sit tight and wait.  Perhaps that might be something you would want to consider as well.  With the current economy lending is a tough market.  FHA is out there but I guess I just want to not put myself back into the same position I just got myself out of.  (FHA isn't going anywhere and will be there next year as well)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland is the devil and they reaged an account from 2003 to 10/2007 which was costing me about 38 points because thats how much my score went up when I disputed them off. Show them NOOO mercy when you deal with them. EVERYTHING in writing and NO phone calls. Seriously !!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.