Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! What do I do?

tag
angie23
Valued Member

Help!!! What do I do?

So I received a response today from one of the account that I disputed and Im not sure what to do??? I letter says that they dont have enough info to investigate my claim and that I have to send them one of the following  pieces of information in 15 days.

1.) Death of consumer owing the debt.
2.) Incarceration of consumer owing the debt.
3.) Bankruptcy of consumer
4.) Debt is covered by insurance.
5.) Unable to pay

This is about an old electric bill that was in my name that I was unaware of in 2002? Any advice on what I can do??? Help! Please!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! What do I do?

So this was an electric bill that you were supposed to pay or you are just trying to verify that it is legit and you were supposed to actually pay it? In which case you may have wanted to do a DV letter rather than a dispute to provide proof of debt. Others on this board can provide more information but that is just the general idea I am getting.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!!! What do I do?

Is this being reportied by the OC or a CA???  It matter as to what letter you would send.

A DV is only sent to a CA.....there is a letter to send to a OC  but should be sent after a dispute has been verified.

BUT this is the next step.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.