Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help deleting a CA.

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Help deleting a CA.

I don't know the different between a GW and DV. I also don't know what DV means.

I have one collection appearing on my EX report, the same collection was on my TU and EQ report and I disputed them and got them deleted it, however EX verified that the account was mine was didn't delete it.

This collection is date on my report from september, 2003 and I paid it in november 2007. I wish I had written the forum at that time and had sent them a PFD letter.

I want to get this collection of my EX report. I called the collection agency and they won't do anything to remove it. Can I get some sample letter for a DV and see if i'm lucky and get it remove from my EX report.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help deleting a CA.

eddymvp wrote:
I don't know the different between a GW and DV. I also don't know what DV means.

GW- goodwill........you ask the CA for a goodwill gesture and remove the account or can use it for late payments, etc.

DV- Debt validation-- you ask the CA to prove that this is your debt, the amount is correct, they own the debt, have the right to collect, are licensed/bonded in your state if required, etc.

Message 2 of 5
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@eddymvp wrote:

GW- goodwill........you ask the CA for a goodwill gesture and remove the account or can use it for late payments, etc.
DV- Debt validation-- you ask the CA to prove that this is your debt, the amount is correct, they own the debt, have the right to collect, are licensed/bonded in your state if required, etc.

Thank you for the explanation sidewinder.

I still need help writing a nice GW letter to this CA and see if they would remove it off my report. Can someone provide me with a GW sample that they sent to a CA agency after they paid it off?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the top of the this board, look at the "freq requested threads" thread. It provides samples.
Message 4 of 5
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I've seen that letter, but the problem is that English is my 2nd language and I don't know how to re-word that letter to my situation.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.