cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help fixing my credit (past SOL on all debts)

tag
NessaSmash
New Visitor

Help fixing my credit (past SOL on all debts)

Hi,

I'm new to the site. I do have some understanding about credit, reporting, collections and such. My dad owns a collection agency - so has been a big help. My situation is that I had perfect credit up until 2007 when I had my son, lost my job etc. My husband and I are looking to start the process of getting the bad marks off our reports and plan on sending debt verification letters out, in hopes that one/some fail to provide in the required time frame. I have 2-3 very small debts that I'm sure I can pay off and beg that they take the bad mark off my report or something.

The thing I'd like to avoid is re-starting the SOL. So I need to proceed with caution. Some of my old debts are of amounts that I just don't have to pay off, so I don't want to try to negotiate it for fear that I'll end up getting sued (after avoiding it all this time).

Any help, or insight would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Help fixing my credit (past SOL on all debts)

Each state has their own guidelines related to the statute of limitations and how ( or if ) it can be reset ~ you should take a look at how your state's statutes are written.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.