Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me raise my score?

tag
TallyDebtor

Help me raise my score?

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum. I've made many credit mistakes in the past, but have been working hard recently to pay bills on time and get my credit scores up. It's slowly working.

From what I can tell, I have three derogatory items listed on my report:

1) A home mortgage with Midland Mortgage Company, opened in 1986. There were a number of late payments in the past, but it's been current for the last two years.

2) Capital One Bank credit card: closed at creditor's request/bad debt charge off. Balance: $1210, Largest past balance: $656 (used as a proxy for credit limit?). Last activity: September 2002.

3) $1210 medical collection account with IC System, Inc.

Everything else on my report is current with no derogatory information.

I would really like to get all three FICO scores up a bit before the end of the year, as I want to refinance my current mortgage with the best interest rate possible. I assume I'll need to pay off the two old debts then anyway, so that's another factor to consider.

I do have money to pay off these old debts now, if that's the best way to go. Is there anything else I should consider doing?

Thanks for any and all advice!

TallyDebtor

Message Edited by TallyDebtor on 11-06-2007 10:07 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me raise my score?

TallyDebtor wrote:

1) A home mortgage with Midland Mortgage Company, opened in 1986 ... there were a number of late payments in the past.

2) Capital One Bank credit card: closed at creditor's request/bad debt charge off. Balance: $1210, Largest past balance: $656 (used as a proxy for credit limit?). Last activity: September 2002.

3) $1210 medical collection account with IC System, Inc.

1) Try a GW letter.

2) What state are you in? What's the DOFD (Date Of First Delinquency)? It would likely be the date when it went 120 days late. You can call the CRA to find out for sure, but what's your best guess for now?

3) PFD

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.