Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me with my next move...

tag
UpMyScore26
New Visitor

Help me with my next move...

I've been lurking for awhile now and have been amazed at the amount of info on here. I have a few questions and would like any/all advice. Here's the breakdown :

4 cc's
1) Walmart - 850/1900
2) midflorida cu- 1500/2300
3) cap one- 80/300( first card ever)
4) chase freedom- 60/2500

I have have no other credit at the moment, 1 collection on my report( pay for deletion letter?) and 4 hard inqs.

My questions:
- should I do a bt from the credit union card onto chase freedom?( still 0% apr)
- what should I do with cap one card? Very low limit and cap one already denied cl. I use it rarely.
- my utilization is around 21% and before I pay down a good chunk of my cu card, I wanted to know if I can do a bt to the freedom and get the points? Is that possible?
I know I have more questions I just can't think of them lol. I recently got my chase freedom limit increased from 800 to 2500( initially was denied but with the help of this forum , I got it done!! Thanks in advance for any help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Help me with my next move...

I calculated your utilization at around 36%.

I don't think you can get points for doing a BT, but I could be wrong.  It would be worth checking the T & C on the Freedom.

I think I'd try to clear out two of your cards, and have them report $0.  Especially the Cap One.

As far as BTing to the Freeom, you could also move the Cap One and Walmart balances.  I don't know how much more time your Freedom has the 0% offer.

I'd also try to get the collection cleared up in some way.

Another approach would be to talk to your CU about a consolidation loan, so that you can clear out all the CC balances.

Message 2 of 3
UpMyScore26
New Visitor

Re: Help me with my next move...

Thank you very much! Yes I did mess up on the utl. The 0% offer is up in 10/14.

Some great advice here!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.