Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed ASAP with Palisades- AT&T

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help needed ASAP with Palisades- AT&T

Please help.  I sent a dv letter to this company for an old AT&t account.  They have tried to bring me into court but neither party showed up.  In july the judge sent a letter to both parties saying that the ca needs to give him proof why their case should still be heard.  The ca sent a letter to the judge before their deadline giving an excuse that they were not aware of the court date.  I haven't heard anything since.  MY QUESTION IS:  on my credit report, at&t doesn't even show up, this agency doesn't report the DOFD or the DOLA but it does report that this time should fall off my report by july of 2009.  I know that my SOL is 4 yrs so given the fall off date, wouldn't the SOL be up?  Or did I just open up a can of worms?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help needed ASAP with Palisades- AT&T

I had to deal with these scumbags. I complained to the FTC, BBB, NJ AG and my state AG. Everything eventually fell off my reports but the NJ AG sent me some papers to fill out as they are currently investigating this company. Get out there and file complaints about the debt isn't yours, they didn't DV respond and it would be out of the SOL. You will win, just remember to show up in court or they will get a summary judgement against you!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.