Established Member
ToBeFree

Help needed for consolidation loan

Facts:  EQ 563, EX 571, TU unknown.

BOA  card CL $10,500 Balance: $$5,500 Status: Acct closed by creditor

FIA Cardservices:  CL $7,800, Balance: $7,300 Status: Active Acct

Student Loan (Joint Acct.) Balance: $72,000

13 year credit history, 34 late payments on credit report. - all in the last 2 years (another story)

Oldest history 1994, all the late payments: 30, 60, and 90 day in last 2 years, latest report May 07.

My question is; do you think if I were to get a consolidation loan from my bank for the 2 above cards, and leave the FIA card open, will it help my score.  I see it this way; I show a card that is closed by the creditor with a $5,500 balance, which I presume is not good. by moving the money I have created a different type of loan (installment vs revolving), reduced a card that is “closed by creditor” from a $5,500 balance to $0, and the utilization on the FIA card will be very low (if I leave a minimal amount on it in the consolidation).

I guess what I am looking for is; given my history do you think this move could help me, hurt me, or have no effect.  Thank you for any information.
Established Member
ToBeFree

Re: Help needed for consolidation loan

I should add that I am a 1st time poster, long time lurker.  I can’t find this particular twist on things in the other threads so I hope that one of the super contributors might offer some desperately needed advice…
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

On the CBCG account what is the APR?

ToBeFree wrote:
I should add that I am a 1st time poster, long time lurker.  I can’t find this particular twist on things in the other threads so I hope that one of the super contributors might offer some desperately needed advice…

Established Member
ToBeFree

I do not know what the rate is, I have not gone that far yet. But for the sake of this discussion let's say it is 15%, or at least less than the 20+ rates on the two cards.
Established Member
ToBeFree

BUMP

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}