Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on how to use TrueCredit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help on how to use TrueCredit?

cbjn1103 wrote:
No, fico and TU scores are different. Creditors mainly use your FICO scores.

I wouldn't pat a lot of attention to TC fako scores. They are not correct. When I get a alert on Scorewatch on a score increase or a decrease, I don't get that same alert on EQ on the TC website. All my fako scores are about 100 points higher than my actual FICO scores.

True credit is mainly good for checking all three credit reports every day (24 hours). There you can see if and where there are changes to your reports. Balances, when bal. go up, or down and more.

I did a thread back on the 18th called FACO vs FICO where I pulled my TC scores and then actually paid for and pulled my actual FICO scores within an hour and then compared them.  In my case, my (FACO as I called it then) FAKO scores were 20 to 40 points LOWER than my FICOs.  And to help answer the earlier question, my TU score had the biggest gap.  I'm still trying to determine if I want to keep TC or not.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, another question. I had TC's truelock turned on, but that should not stop my Experian and Equifax scores from updating should it?  I ask because there has been some minor slippage in my TU score (like two minor drops) over the past week, but my Experian and Equifax scores have stayed the same.  Sorry, I am just being a Nervous Nellie with this new tool and trying to understand everything.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 13 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

tyhank you!!!!   i also was wondering why i wasnt receiveing any alertsSmiley Sad  thanks to this post i just learned that you have to update manually, i wish fico was like that.... the good news is my fico went up: tu 571 - 603, ex566 - 647, eq612 - 603Smiley Very Happy my 2amex hasnt posted, target, or orchard bankSmiley Mad next month i will check my ficos againSmiley Happy....  also i had a collection on my tc report under trans, once i updated it wasnt there...Smiley Happy  go figure 
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah,  YOU ROCK. I don't know how you always seem to have an answer ready at a moments notice, but I sure am glad that you do. Thanks AGAIN.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

To anyone else who may be new to TrueCredit, work your way through the different options so you can look at your transactions.  I did, and I found that instead of charging me $11.21 for the first month, they somehow charged me $13.70 even though the receipt clearly says $11.21 monthly fee. I called the customer service folks and they have issued a refund. I asked if the amount I should be paying is in fact $11.21 a month and they said yes so I will be checking once a month to be sure there are no more "mistakes".  Now I am getting ready to signup for the Scorewatch so maybe I can be "in the know" at some point.  Thanks again for the tips Noah.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-25-2007 09:17 AM
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They charged me correctly, but they charged my DW the $13.70 also. The online receipt actually said $11.21 in one place and $13.70 in another place. Others have reported the same thing. In each case so far, TC has refunded the difference with no problem.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to read this warning about TrueCredit. A couple of fraudulent charges are linked to TC subscriptions.

I'm still using TC, for now. I'm adhering to the theory of friends close and enemies closer.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Noah, if you haven't yet checked it, go back to that link and see the posting I put up. i think you will appreciate it. Actually, anyone else who thinks there is no justice out there, that posting may help you change your mind a little bit.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is very much appreciated.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.