Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on how to use TrueCredit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help on how to use TrueCredit?

I have what is probably a really basic question, but if I don't ask, I'll just remain in the dark.  I just joined up with TrueCredit and "pulled" my scores. I also "pulled" my FICO scores at the same time so as to get a comparison.  Now for my problem. I keep reading about people "pulling" their TC scores every day.  I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly.  I "look at" my scores everyday, but they don't change. Granted, it hasn't been very long either. I just joined on the 18th of July.  Anyway, does "pulling" your TC score just mean going to the page that displays the scores and seeing if they changed or do I have to actually do something else to make the pull?  Along that same line, I notice that there is a section called "tracking". Is that something that will update itself automatically when the scores finally do change, or do I somehow need to input the information.  I've been looking for more detailed answers on TC but haven't found any. BTW, I haven't seen any alerts either. Do I need to set something to show what type of alerts I get?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help on how to use TrueCredit?

I have the same question. I have never received an alert with TC .
Message 2 of 20
Migraine
New Contributor

you have to update manually.On the right hand side there is an update report or update score link,click it,click the I agree/confirm and the "no thanks" on the advert.You can update after 24 hrs has expired from your date updated pull.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migraine wrote:
you have to update manually.On the right hand side there is an update report or update score link,click it,click the I agree/confirm and the "no thanks" on the advert.You can update after 24 hrs has expired from your date updated pull.

OH, OK, that seemd to work.  No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Once that notice came up that looks like they want to sell you something, I would have bailed.  Now when you update like that, that pulls all three of your FAKO scores?  Only my TU score updated, and unfortunately it went DOWN 5 points. ARRRRRRGH.  I did see that my trending section did update as well. It looks like it went up, whatever that means.  So anyway, doing those daily pulls doesn't cost extra, is that correct?  I would hate to see my bill after a months worth of doing pulls.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no extra charge to pull once every 24 hours.

KevKaos wrote:

OH, OK, that seemd to work.  No wonder I couldn't figure it out. Once that notice came up that looks like they want to sell you something, I would have bailed.  Now when you update like that, that pulls all three of your FAKO scores?  Only my TU score updated, and unfortunately it went DOWN 5 points. ARRRRRRGH.  I did see that my trending section did update as well. It looks like it went up, whatever that means.  So anyway, doing those daily pulls doesn't cost extra, is that correct?  I would hate to see my bill after a months worth of doing pulls.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a silly question, will your TU scores be the same as your Fico Score?

Dont most lenders go by your fico score anyway? if so why use the TU scores?
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, fico and TU scores are different. Creditors mainly use your FICO scores.

I wouldn't pat a lot of attention to TC fako scores. They are not correct. When I get a alert on Scorewatch on a score increase or a decrease, I don't get that same alert on EQ on the TC website. All my fako scores are about 100 points higher than my actual FICO scores.

True credit is mainly good for checking all three credit reports every day (24 hours). There you can see if and where there are changes to your reports. Balances, when bal. go up, or down and more.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get the 3 credit monitoring option from true credit as it keeps giving me
an error on my order "unable to process at this time please try again later"
and charges me 14.95 then reposts to my account.
I am about done with them...
Message 8 of 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Tmleverage wrote:
I can't get the 3 credit monitoring option from true credit as it keeps giving me
an error on my order "unable to process at this time please try again later"
and charges me 14.95 then reposts to my account.
I am about done with them...

You can also get a human for TC issues here 866-212-2170

FYI, if you ever need to dispute something that is inaccurate with TrueCredit, but is accurate on your CRA reports, here's the TC FAX:

TrueCredit Management Dept. FAX 805-596-3373
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the links Tuscani

I have talked to these guys 3 times, 1 time last week, 1 time the week before,
and again today, they say to try again in 24 hours the first time, then they sent
it to there technical support staff last week and today they said to wait a month..
The problem is and I can't get it thru to them is my credit reports show
3 different addresses for TU, EXP, and EQ, I had the same problem here
on myfico but I had to change my address info in the personal part of myfico
to represent each CR then pull the reports, I still do this for updated scores and reports...
I have no way of pulling thiers singularly that way so I have to wait for my disputes
to go thru in order for my addresses to update, the system errors out seing different addresses.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.