cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- score drops 100 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- score drops 100 points

I mailed out a check on to Ford credit on May 27th from San Diego, to Pasadena.  My payment was past due but only 12 days.  My 30 day cutoff was June 15th.  For whatever reason(post office , processing) Ford Credit said they never recieved the check until the 18th and reported me to the credit bureaus. I have never been late on any of their payments and have been a customer of theirs for 7 years.

my bank said it recieved the check from ford on the 18th  meaning that at the latest Ford recieved my check on the 15th

When i called they said there is nothing they can do. I am very upset as this dropped my credit score by almost 100 points. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

J
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- score drops 100 points

Ask to speak to a supervisor.
Get a copy of that check from your bank with the date it was presented for payment and send that to Ford if they want to be so hard nosed.

You know what irks me with creditors? They screw up too and all you get is an "oops, sorry", but when you do it...........the sky gets dark, the wind blows, the storm clouds form, a cat. 5 hurricane comes in from the south and you're left without power and whole lotta damage that you have to fix.  My father sent a money order for $200 on a JC Penney account, the bastards keyed in $20 and tried to get him, charged him with all sorts of fees.  (venting again......sorry)

I would not let this one go without a fight.  Especially since from what you said, it seems like something got messed up somewhere. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- score drops 100 points

and let's not even talk about what happens when a student loan creditor messes up....it is always YOUR fault!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, call and politely ask to speak to a supervisor.  Use the word "refinance" in your conversation (i.e., you may be forced to go to another lender because of their treatment of you).  Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- (its the law to report)

thanks.  i spoke to a supervisor and all she told me was that to write a letter to custoemer service and that ther was nothing she could do about it.  said that its the law tor report whicj i know is  a  croc .  what other suggestions do you have.

thanks in advance for the responses
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help-payment recieved by creditor 3 days after 30 day period- (its the law to report)

GW it baby, GW it!

Here are some examples of letters.  I'd send it to someone higher up than CSR.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Since CS is being so uncooperative, If you're going to do GW, bypass them.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.