Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with hubbys credit

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

Help please with hubbys credit

We are looking to get my husbands credit repaired. He has $5000 in debt from ultilty bills, CCs and medical bills. His history is also very short hes 35 years old but none of these accounts go back farther than 2001. His score is 500. We are trying to get a loan through capital one eventually for infertility financing. What would be the best step on getting his credit the best looking possible in the quickest amount of time. I will find what he owes and post it as well later. I am not even sure how much his credit can go up being its 500 and im not even sure what most loans look for. Thank so much
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help please with hubbys credit

serenity72 wrote:
We are looking to get my husbands credit repaired. He has $5000 in debt from ultilty bills, CCs and medical bills. His history is also very short hes 35 years old but none of these accounts go back farther than 2001. His score is 500. We are trying to get a loan through capital one eventually for infertility financing. What would be the best step on getting his credit the best looking possible in the quickest amount of time. I will find what he owes and post it as well later. I am not even sure how much his credit can go up being its 500 and im not even sure what most loans look for. Thank so much

Hi Serenity,  first we need to know who is reporting for each account, with dates.

Because of HX please do not forget to also include CC open dates.

When first starting I always advice that you know what your SOL is. This just means when a oc or CA has the right to sue you.
SOL
more on SOL

In many states have no SOL on hospital bills BUT they do on other medical bills.

For myself, I do not have any info. as to loans. someome else in here might be able to help you.
You also might want to check out the loan thread.

The first step is pulling all CR.  Then disputing. BUT keep in mind SOL  just a dispute might wake a sleeping giant & cause a lawsuit.

You do not need to dispute everything at 1 time. When doing a dispute you shoule ALWAYS do it with all CRA if the debt is shown on each.

ask as many questions as you need!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a loan for dentures with cap one. My fako scores were 622,590,and 594 and my debt ratio is 53% I hope this gives you an idea
I borrowed $2500 payments $98.00 for 3 years.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

serenity72,

my hubby credit was a mess as well. since i had decent credit I added my hubby to mycredit cards. esp cards ihave had for a long time!  when his scores got high enough we got a secured credit card for $200. we also gotsome other cards with small limits.  whenever i got another card I added him

it took a year to get his scores to 680 or better.  he has recently been approved for a amex and hooters card with credit lines of $5K.

I know the authorized user benefit will go away soon  but you can do it now.

if you don't have credit maybe a family memeber can.  I am currently helping a friend
Message 4 of 5
serenity72
New Contributor

thank you what secured card did you use? My credit is better, but he has less money owed. So we are lost on what to focus on first.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.