Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help....please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help....please

okay i seem to have a credit report problem.  i last checked my reports and score last oct.  at which time i found some disputable items and proceeded w/ the dispute process.  my score at that time was just over 700.  the dispute process was sucessfull in removing a few items, however, i have one item that now seems to be impairing my score. 

i had a citibank credit card that went to collections in 2000.  Asset Acceptance Corp bought the debt and proceeded in the collection process. in july of 2005 i paid off the debt thinking it was the right thing to do.  however, when i disputed this item in oct of 2006 it was reported as a new item and a deliquent open account. (which also is showing up as a 120+ day late collection on my report).  the balance shown is $0 but it is coming out as a delinquent account w/i the last 2 years.  The citibank account isn't even listed as an account on my report. 

now i'm afraid to dispute it as it seems it will be given an even fresher date.  however, i am scheduled to refinance my house in the coming months and have no idea what to do.  this has brought my score down (currently at 659).  i've paid all my bills on time for the last 3 years, but becuase of this listing, myfico shows that it is marked as a collection account 2 years ago.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help....please

Even thought CA accepted payment in 2006....drop date still goes by DOFD.....DOFD is set by OC from CO.  I would dispute it as past CRTP

When a CA takes over debt, they may show it as Date opened  but can not change DOFD.....it should have been shown as  paid collection 2006.

OR
You can send letter to CA and tell them that it is past CRTP and to delete it NOW.  Make sure that you send it CMRRR  so you know that they received it.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-24-2007 03:26 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-24-2007 03:27 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-24-2007 03:28 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

in looking at the credit report, i realize that there are 2 other accounts from when i was younger that went to collections as well.  however, they are listed as collections under their respective  creditor's name.

is it possible to dispute the assest acceptance account as a collection account to be put under colections as opposed to it showing as an open (and closed) account?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

wongbata wrote:
in looking at the credit report, i realize that there are 2 other accounts from when i was younger that went to collections as well.  however, they are listed as collections under their respective  creditor's name.

is it possible to dispute the assest acceptance account as a collection account to be put under colections as opposed to it showing as an open (and closed) account?

If it went to collections, it had to be a CO in 2000....which means the DOFD would be no later then 2000

Try sending a strong letter,CMRRR   to the CA.  Tell them that it  was PIF and is now past CRTP. please delete it. 
Do you have any old CR. If you do look for it under the OC name.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.