Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing State Tax Lien - CFPB complaint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help removing State Tax Lien - CFPB complaint

Hello, 

I have a state of GA tax lien I am trying to get removed from my report. Ive researched that a lot of people have had success going through the CFPB. Can anyone tell me what you included in your complaint to have success? Some have said they simply attached documentation showing they were no longer delinquent. While others have shown the lien was in error. My lien is not exactly in error, although I dont recall ever receiving notice about the possibllity of a lien. I will state that but the lien has since been paid and released and reports reflect that. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help removing State Tax Lien - CFPB complaint

Try a CRA dispute as "not a consumer credit transaction" -- I haven't done this yet but others have said it worked great.

Experian appears to delete tax liens on any dispute.  You could probably dispute as "I had a turkey sandwich" and EX probably will delete the TL.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This could be of interest to you. give it a read http://blog.myfico.com/upcoming-data-purge-fico-scores/

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I forgot to add I did try to dispute Online last year. Don't think I used that reasoning though.
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was the best article I've read explaining the new rule, I've heard about the new rule but disnt quote her if it would help me. I guess my only issue now is the part that says " previously reported tax liens and/or civil judgments that do not meet the new reporting requirements will be removed from the credit file." I'm not sure if my lien fails to meet the new requirements. My scores are 689EX/719TU/703EQ so they're not horrible. But we're trying to buy a house in September so idk if I should wait or jump on this complaint.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

*excuse typos I'm On my phone
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pt3L -- 700 FICO with a tax lien reporting is still fantastic!  Any data points on that lien, such as:

• When was it filed?
  • Was it paid in full and when was that paid?
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tax year was 2010. Long story short I was unemployed and stopped on my payment plan. I actually feel like I paid the debt off in 2012 but I wa a young so I can't find my records. Anywho The notices start coming in sometime in 2015. I paid it off in OCT 2015. it says reported on aug 2015
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't know a lien was even an issue because they kept telling me I had until a certain date to pay. I paid before that date.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id go ahead and do the complaint just in case. Because complaint or no complaint  if its eligible to fall off in July it will fall off regard

@Anonymous wrote:
This was the best article I've read explaining the new rule, I've heard about the new rule but disnt quote her if it would help me. I guess my only issue now is the part that says " previously reported tax liens and/or civil judgments that do not meet the new reporting requirements will be removed from the credit file." I'm not sure if my lien fails to meet the new requirements. My scores are 689EX/719TU/703EQ so they're not horrible. But we're trying to buy a house in September so idk if I should wait or jump on this complaint.

less. 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.