cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us raise my hubby's score please :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help us raise my hubby's score please :)

O.K. we filed BK in 2005 due to some big DR. bills.We kept our home and car at the time.Although for some reason my husbands report says the house was in the BK and it wasn't???Is that wrong???Well anyway we're in the process of selling our home and by grace of god got approved to build another.My husbands FICO is 551.Our goal was to pay off our van with the left over $$.It's our next largest payment.Would it make since to pay off 4 small collections,his truck and pay down our 1 credit card?or pay off the 1 vehicle?My hopes are to get a better rate before we close Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help us raise my hubby's score please :)

CLink wrote:
O.K. we filed BK in 2005 due to some big DR. bills.We kept our home and car at the time.Although for some reason my husbands report says the house was in the BK and it wasn't???Is that wrong???Well anyway we're in the process of selling our home and by grace of god got approved to build another.My husbands FICO is 551.Our goal was to pay off our van with the left over $$.It's our next largest payment.Would it make since to pay off 4 small collections,his truck and pay down our 1 credit card?or pay off the 1 vehicle?My hopes are to get a better rate before we close Smiley Happy

Paying down the credit card will help. Can you offer PFD on the collections? Getting those removed will also help. The van isn't costing you points since it's an installment and some have reported a score drop from actually paying off a car loan.

I am not sure why you would have the house listed in the BK when it was not. I would dispute it with the CRA's reporting, since it's inaccurate.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.