Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w/ a judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help w/ a judgement

Looking for advice if I should dispute a judgement on my public record

Back in Oct 2001 I was involved in a car accident. I was not at fault, I took an ambulance to the hospital and was later billed 200.00(est.) I was told that the party's insurance company that was at fault will pick up the bill.
I left for bootcamp(army) in jan. 2002... when we finally got mail in Feb 2002, I received two letters regarding this matter.. one which had a court date of for small claim in jan. and the other being a no show to the court appearance. 

Now I know it has been a while since these events occurred.. I did paid the balance due to the collection agency back in 2004 when i returned from Iraq, but the collection agency said that i could do nothing pertaining to my credit report.

I take my credit report seriously now (batter late then never eh?) and would like to dispute this, any info would be great, or do i just have to wait until it falls off my report

thanks in advance

Message Edited by mystikal219 on 09-21-2007 05:19 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help w/ a judgement

Message Edited by dangphuocloc72 on 09-23-2007 04:38 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That second post was hard to understandSmiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

mystikal219 wrote:
Back in Oct 2001 I was involved in a car accident.
I was told that the party's insurance company that was at fault will pick up the bill.

I left for bootcamp(army) in jan. 2002.

Are you still active duty? Read this article for some perhaps helpful advice. It's not exactly your situation, but it cites some resources you should know about.

Because the CA filed suit while you were on active duty, Army Family Services should be able to help you out. I thought servicemembers had some lawsuit protections while on active duty.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.