cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, what will happen to my credit score when I'm debt free?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help, what will happen to my credit score when I'm debt free?

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

More like Hey Babes what's your util???Smiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Show me your CR and I'll show you mine ... Smiley Happy

Show me yours first...pretty please!!Smiley Tongue

What kind of girl do you think I am?

Never on a first date. I won't reveal any of my CLs until at least the third. And only if you seem like the kind of guy without too many baddies. Smiley Tongue

LOL...I thought girls liked "Baddies"
Message 91 of 115
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Now imagine I find a wife and she's in good financial standing.

I'm single. Smiley Very Happy

OK, I absolutely MUST hear the pillow talk if this happens!

Plus that whole imagine thing.

Sheesh... now I'm hearing Lennon singing.... Imagine all the people... living life DEBT FREE!!

Ha! --hadn't though of the Lennon "Imagine"! I love your rewrite.

I was thinking more along the lines of, Now imagine I open the door, and there stands Harrison Ford. Or Denzel Washington. Or even Paul Newman, even though he's getting a little long in the tooth... Oh, well, need to go clean out the litter box! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 92 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

No joke...I was on this Christian forum awhile back and there was this woman who was actually such a stuck-up blueblood that she advised her daughters to check a prospective mate's credit report. I PMed her and asked her, "Gee, as Christians, aren't we supposed to be like Jesus? I don't recall Him asking for the FICO score of the woman at the well before forgiving her. Lighten up."

She never responded...
Message 93 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

hhehehehe and I thought we were just joking around- guess she wasn't huh?
Message 94 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
No joke...I was on this Christian forum awhile back and there was this woman who was actually such a stuck-up blueblood that she advised her daughters to check a prospective mate's credit report. I PMed her and asked her, "Gee, as Christians, aren't we supposed to be like Jesus? I don't recall Him asking for the FICO score of the woman at the well before forgiving her. Lighten up."

She never responded...

I think it's a very sensible idea to exchange credit reports if you're getting seriously involved.  I almost neglected to do this and found out my (now) ex-fiance had more than $50,000 in CC debt.  I could  have accepted it if he had a plan for repayment, but he dealt with it by throwing out the unopened bills.  Deal breaker.
Message 95 of 115
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

masdeocho wrote:

I think it's a very sensible idea to exchange credit reports if you're getting seriously involved.  I almost neglected to do this and found out my (now) ex-fiance had more than $50,000 in CC debt.  I could  have accepted it if he had a plan for repayment, but he dealt with it by throwing out the unopened bills.  Deal breaker.

You'd be crazy not to. It's not just the financial minefield; something like that reveals profoundly different value systems and behaviors. You'd hate to find out about all that after the honeymoon.

It's odd how people do anything and everything these days before marriage, but talking about money is still the great taboo. Now please excuse me, while I go take my arthritis meds and change my Depends! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 96 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I just never used to think about marriage in those terms. Still not married, but if and when I do get married, I feel like there is so much more to consider. Still not convinced it's the life I want. So amazing how growing up changes our perceptions of things.
Message 97 of 115
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

So the modern prepartnering questionaire involves date of latest AIDs test and Fico score?

Interesting............

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 98 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hoo Barbarino! Keep up the good work. The less debt I carry around, the more alive I feel. Smiley Happy
Message 99 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah me too...only $19,000 of student loans to freedom!
Message 100 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.