Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CA requested

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CA requested

Greetings, This is my first day with you, and my first request for assistance.

In Dec 07 I responded to a T-Mobile offer - free phone and $39.99 service. I did receive a great new phone AT MY ADDRESS (SC), but never ,ever got a bill for Dec, Jan, or Feb.

My phone was either stolen or lost, but there is no T-Mobile office in my city. All attempts to 800 numbers advertised on television thwarted when prompter automatically needed my phone number which I could not remember.

I tried to get my phone bill and never could get a live person to help. But finally, I got a call last week. I tried to explain my phone was lost or stolen, their  phone number had a prefix for Fort Washington Maryland, they told me. And, did I "still live" in Ft. Washington,MD. residence address.

I suggested the incorrect address must have been typed in incorrectly - they said the zip code was incorrect and  had evidently, automatically triggered an incorrect city/state.

They asked me what was the correct address. To which I replied, if they corrected the address in the record, would it not actually,, thereafter indicate their address had been correct. I was promised they would note the record. They said they'd send me to the fraud department and when I got to speak to that guy tried explaining again. I said I only had phone a short time, had NO incoming calls at all (except my own number trying to call my "lost" phone).

That guy was a jerk. He said the address showed (by then) the SC address. I asked him to send me an invoice. He said I would need a police report. I told him that would be no problem.  He said the bill was three months past due. Upset by that time, I told him just get me the invoice and I'd call into straighten it all up.

Then the fool said there was no reason I had not gotten an invoice- but I had not ever. He said the account was going to be charged off. I said to him to please understand this series of errors - originating from their wrong address.

Today, I got a letter from ERS soilutions, a collection agency. This situation has gotten completely out of hand. I have no idea what to do.

I've read today about the PFD letter, but that can't be right thing to do. Please, please advise me.
This is getting to be ridiculous.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-29-2008 02:39 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with CA requested

Hi, plantdoctor, and welcome to the FICO Forums!

I have moved your post from the place you originally posted it into this new thread.  You will get more responses to your post by starting a new thread rather than replying to an existing thread on an entirely different topic.

Thanks for your participation, and welcome again!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with CA requested

DV the CA to protect your rights. Then send a letter to someone higher up at T-Mobile. Avoid the CSRs. Try to get someone in corporate. A BBB complaint might help as well.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.