New Visitor
carissarene

Help with Charge Off

New to the boards - thanks in advance for your help! I have a charge-off on my CR for an Express store card I opened in 2000, with date of last activity of 4/2002 (I'm not sure what the DOFD is exactly, it should be in the same year but I'm going to call Experian to find out). The balance is $347 and due to moving around throughout college I pretty much ignored all correspondence received re: the account until the past year, after I graduated and started trying to actively repair my credit. I found an old settlement letter from January offering 180 to close the account - turns out it has since been sold to NCO Financial, who has tacked on interest and has a present balance of $504. I am going to send a PFD letter, but I'm also concerned with the late payments that are showing up on my credit report. The account shows 24 payments late 120+ days, starting in May of 2005, and I think this is probably really hurting my score (currently at a 620). I don't really understand the late payments, if I hadn't even acknowledged the debt with anyone in the last five years. If NCO agrees to a PFD, will those be removed as well? Begin rant: I feel really discouraged about this whole process - I have been diligent about paying everything on time, not a single missed payment (auto loan for 2 years so far, student loans for 6 months, low limit credit card for 8 months) in the last couple of years, but my score is still pretty low because of stupid mistakes I made when I was 18! I'm trying to take it one issue at a time but it feels like I'll never have good credit. End rant! Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Help with Charge Off

Established Member
Gawtti

Re: Help with Charge Off

[ Edited ]
i am in a similar situation. i have a credit card charge-off with first premier bank because i moved abroad for educational purposes. now, i've applied for a private student loan and was denied due to a low FICO. this is the only baddie i have on my CRs because i lived most of my life outside the US. so, i only have a credit history of 6 years starting in 2002. i received this credit card in 2004 but later that same year i migrated abroad and never notified nor closed this account. up until i left the country i was never late with my payments. i've already paid it in full and would badly like it removed from my reports. is it possible to write a GW for this? anyone have any experience with first premier? 

Message Edited by Gawtti on 07-31-2007 02:00 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}