Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Charge Off

New to the boards - thanks in advance for your help! I have a charge-off on my CR for an Express store card I opened in 2000, with date of last activity of 4/2002 (I'm not sure what the DOFD is exactly, it should be in the same year but I'm going to call Experian to find out). The balance is $347 and due to moving around throughout college I pretty much ignored all correspondence received re: the account until the past year, after I graduated and started trying to actively repair my credit. I found an old settlement letter from January offering 180 to close the account - turns out it has since been sold to NCO Financial, who has tacked on interest and has a present balance of $504. I am going to send a PFD letter, but I'm also concerned with the late payments that are showing up on my credit report. The account shows 24 payments late 120+ days, starting in May of 2005, and I think this is probably really hurting my score (currently at a 620). I don't really understand the late payments, if I hadn't even acknowledged the debt with anyone in the last five years. If NCO agrees to a PFD, will those be removed as well? Begin rant: I feel really discouraged about this whole process - I have been diligent about paying everything on time, not a single missed payment (auto loan for 2 years so far, student loans for 6 months, low limit credit card for 8 months) in the last couple of years, but my score is still pretty low because of stupid mistakes I made when I was 18! I'm trying to take it one issue at a time but it feels like I'll never have good credit. End rant! Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Charge Off

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Charge Off

i am in a similar situation. i have a credit card charge-off with first premier bank because i moved abroad for educational purposes. now, i've applied for a private student loan and was denied due to a low FICO. this is the only baddie i have on my CRs because i lived most of my life outside the US. so, i only have a credit history of 6 years starting in 2002. i received this credit card in 2004 but later that same year i migrated abroad and never notified nor closed this account. up until i left the country i was never late with my payments. i've already paid it in full and would badly like it removed from my reports. is it possible to write a GW for this? anyone have any experience with first premier? 

Message Edited by Gawtti on 07-31-2007 02:00 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.