Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Credit Cleanup

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Help with Credit Cleanup

Ok, I have a question concerning my TU credit report. My EQ and EX reports have both been corrected to report my BK correctly as both report IIB $0 balance, $0 high credit $0 for credit limit. TU is the only one that still report the high credit and credit limit for the accounts that were IIB. Is there anyway to get them to remove the amount? Disputing online none of the statements seem to fit but for right now I used the following statement for reinvestigation:

"Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account" will this statement work? All accounts do state IIB I'm just trying to get the amounts removed.

Let me know if this is a good idea or if I'm way off base. To me it looks bad to show the high credit and credit lines of an account that was IIB. BTW TU is the only score that has not improved as well here are my fico scores as of today:

Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 496Date: 11/25/2007
Equifax 565Date: 11/23/2007
Experian526Date: 11/25/2007

Started the clean up in aug when scores were:

TU: 477
EX: 500
EQ: 498

My BK was discharged 8/14/07 and closed 8/15/07 and here are the cl's I've managed to get with the one for NFCU still hanging in the balance.

Cap 1 Auto - $21K
Hooters MC - $1k
Crown Jew - $1500
Cap 1 MC - $300
Cap 1 Visa - $300
Household MC - $300
Direct Rewards - $300
Best Buy MC - $300
Chevron - $300
First Premier - $300 (soon to delete)

Because GEMB was included in my bk as well as World Financial Network National Bank (WFNNB) I can't seem to get any store cards. Everyone it seems are backed by one of these lenders. Any idea if this is permanent or temporary?
Any info would be very helpful as I'm reading as much as I can from fico forums.
Missy42 blink.gif
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Credit Cleanup

Home Depot and Exxon - both with Citi.  Only wait a bit - you have lols of new cards and a very recent BK - so perhaps in 6 months so you have current history.

Target (convertible to a Target Visa in 6-12 months) with good history with them.
Message 2 of 3
missy42
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Credit Cleanup

Thanks for the reply.  Any advice about how to get TU to update accounts?  My score with TU is awful and I'm working so hard to get my scores at least into the high 500's and if I'm lucky 600's.  Also I included Walmart (GEMB) and Victoria Secret (WFFNB) on my bk is that why I can't seem to get anything from either, most store cards seem to be run by them.  Thanks again.  Just trying to get to where most of you are with dreams of one day having a decent score and better cards!

Missy42
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.