Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Goodwill response from Citifinancial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Goodwill response from Citifinancial

Ok.... i sent a goodwill letter to Citifinancial asking them to remove some late payments from a couple of years ago. Here is the response I received in the mail today:

Dear "Flygirl",

Thank you for contacting us regarding the payment information reported to the credit bureaus by CitiFinancial on the loan number referenced above. In response to your dispute of the information reported, we have reviewed the payment records of your loan and have determined the following.

Your loan with CitiFinancial, referenced above, has been paid in full and is closed. All payments for this account have been made as agreed. The credit reporting agencies ask that you allow 30-45 days for the revisions to be completed. Please retain this letter as confirmation of the changes made to your CitiFinancial trade line with the credit bureaus.

If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

SO, does this mean that they are having the CRA's delete the late payments. I don't know if I should read between the lines and assume they are removing them, although it does not say that verbatim. Any advice well be helpful. Thanks to all!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Goodwill response from Citifinancial

It looks to me like you are going to be reported as paid in full.  But what derogatory information that was on it before, will remain. 
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

monro411 wrote:
It looks to me like you are going to be reported as paid in full.  But what derogatory information that was on it before, will remain. 

That was my impression, although my GW letter asked them to remove the lates. I'm not understanding how it can say "paid as agreed" but yet shows 3 late payments? WHAT CAN I DO???? PLEASE HELP!!

BTW....these accounts HAVE been paid in full for a couple of years now......and the CRA have been showing that. That is nothing new or updated!!!!!!

Message Edited by flygirl on 07-13-2007 05:33 PM
Message 3 of 7
annah618
Established Member

"All payments for this account have been made as agreed. The credit reporting agencies ask that you allow 30-45 days for the revisions to be completed. Please retain this letter as confirmation of the changes made to your CitiFinancial trade line with the credit bureaus."

That sounds like they are changing it to me. If you are unsure, I would call and ask for clarification. Pull your report in 45 days and see if the lates have come off. If not, dispute with the CRA's using this letter as proof that you paid as agreed.

I think when they are not going to make the change they say something like "we are obligated to report accurate information regarding your account to the credit reporting agencies. We cannot fulfill your request to modify your payment history"
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea, sounds to me like they are removing the lates.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering, did Citifinancial remove the lates from your record and can you tell me what you wrote in the original letter to them???

Thanks!
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, clarabelle, this is a pretty old post. Flygirl doesn't log on that much, although she might see this when she does. Just an fyi.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.