Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Verizon - Paid debt - now changed date reported and history dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Verizon - Paid debt - now changed date reported and history dates

I paid a Verizon debt and asked for updating by the CRAs. It's now showing "reported since" 03/2008, instead of 2006. It appears it changed all my dates of last activity and the account history now shows "charge off as of Mar 2008" - instead of 2006 - although it is now paid in full.

I haven't pulled any new scores yet, as I'm waiting for another paid account to update. But I'm concerned about these dates changing to the current month. I'm trying to purchase a house and it now appears that this two year old collection was just added to my report this month.

Can someone please help lead me in the direction to a letter to Verizon regarding all of these changes to the activity dates? I need to be firm - I can't have this reporting with these new dates or I'm in trouble with my home loan.

Message Edited by mxnuy1 on 03-22-2008 07:15 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Verizon - Paid debt - now changed date reported and history dates

This is the drawback of paying collections as it usually changes the DOLA to update. I would dispute the items through the CRA's and see if these items get deleted.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.