Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a second CA wanting money

tag
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Help with a second CA wanting money

My DH has a judgement against him for a car loan that was his exwifes. The OC sold it to a CA and that CA obtained a judgement against him. Well in the mail this weekend we got a letter from a different CA wanting money for this account. We had sent a PFD (wanted to try and settle for less) to the CA that has the judgement. We haven't heard anything from them and it's been about a week and a half. At the bottom of this letter it states:

Unless you notify this office within 30 days after receiving this notice that you dispute the validity of this debt or any portion thereof, this office will assume this debt is valid. If you notify this office in writing within 30 days from receiving this notice, this office will: obtain verification of the debt or obtain a copy of a judgment and mail you a sopy of such judgment or verification.

Now the last part of that has me confused....can a CA sell a judgement to a different Ca? I am going to send them a DV this just has me confused. I am trying so hard to straighten all this out and get hit with this now. ughhhh sometimes it just seems better to hide your head and ignore it ( I know this isn't the answer just seems easier and less frustrating)

Any thoughts??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with a second CA wanting money

Is the judgement on his report?  Personally, if it is, I would try to get the judgement either vacated or non-suit with the original attroney on the court papers.

A judgement is a public record and those post pretty automatically (yes,they are 'reported' but the cources is much more 'reliable' - the court system).
Message 2 of 3
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with a second CA wanting money

Yes this is reporting on his CR. So should I contact the first CA or just their lawyer? Thanks for any help!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.