cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with dispute letter for CO

tag
pc911714

Help with dispute letter for CO

I had a bankruptcy 6 years ago and the bank is double reporting the accounts as CO and BK.  I have contact them on this matter and they are unwilling to correct the info to show as included in BK.  Any suggestions on who to get this off and if I do, will it reset the clock on them dropping off my reports?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with dispute letter for CO

This should be easy. Dispute with each CRA that is showing a double account and send a copy of the BK info showing the creditors included. The CRAs will delete the duplicate account and mark the other as included in BK.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with dispute letter for CO

Keep us posted on what the CRs do, I have been unsuccessful in getting anyone to actually READ my dispute on one account - it's the same account only they changed the first few digits to letters and the one with letters shows activity long after the DOFD.  They just don't get it and are unwilling to remove the one account.

I'm sending the MOV on the one account with the letters, this is the one I'm battling in court right now and there is NOTHING in any of my paperwork showing that account.  It's the one that OPENED the year they bought the account.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.