Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with inquiries

Hi, Sometime last February i got four store cards after a very long dry spell of not having credit (due to a divorce). I did some stupid things (before I knew better) and applied a lot to bunch of cards and my inquiries are through the roof. A lot of them are going to be a year old this month and in March, but I see in all credit reports it looks at two years. At what point do inquiries start to fall off the Fico calculation? In some credit monitoring sites I see 12 months ( which some will have) and other places I see two years.  Other than gardening, is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with inquiries

Inquiries are no longer included in score calculations after 12 months. They are still visible for 2 years. You CAN be denied for too many inquiries even after the 12 month affect on scores goes away.  

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 5
ForeverGardening
Established Member

I am in the exact same situation unfortunately

NFCU CashRewards: 5K | Finger Hut: 700 | VS: 500 | Marathon 600 | Lane Bryant 550 | Overstock 1.8K | Children's Place 750 | Torrid 400 | My Smile Care 4K

FICO 8 - EX: 590 | EQ: 600 | TU: 589 -- 11/14/18
Oldest account: 9.3 years
Newest: 2 month
Average: 4y 7m
Inquiries: 15/24
Baddies: 3 collections | 3 30 day lates ranging from 2015-2017
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many of us are.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, Sometime last February i got four store cards after a very long dry spell of not having credit (due to a divorce). I did some stupid things (before I knew better) and applied a lot to bunch of cards and my inquiries are through the roof. A lot of them are going to be a year old this month and in March, but I see in all credit reports it looks at two years. At what point do inquiries start to fall off the Fico calculation? In some credit monitoring sites I see 12 months ( which some will have) and other places I see two years.  Other than gardening, is there anything else I can do?

HI yf430,

Yeah unfortunatly gardening is the only thing you can do.  Me, I do not have a lot of INQs, but I have started being more frugal with apping.  I have been in the situation before of apping just to app, but for me now I try to be frugal with apping.  Trying my best to stay in the garden until at least May of this year to allow some to drop off, and I may app for something at that point.  I must also admit there have been times I was really itching to pull the trigger and backed away at the last minute.  My better half tells me that we do not need any more credit and I try to respect her wishes.  I do not currently have any Chase cards nor AmEx cards and my sights are set on those.  BUT it's only a sighting at this point in time for me... hehe....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.