cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with removing a "note" on credit that is wrong.

tag
Rea21

Help with removing a "note" on credit that is wrong.

I am hoping somebody can help me figure out how to update or remove this "note" on my credit. Last year I had a hard pull with a mortgage company and they said that everything was okay except for my pending foreclosure that I would have to wait at least 3 years after the foreclosure. Trouble is the foreclosure was final in 2010. I explained that to her and she suggested I dispute it and gave me a copy of the report from Credit Plus. On my credit report that I pull this note is not there and it has never been mentioned again until I applied for a secured loan and they denied it due to pending foreclosure...I dont even know which bureau or company this note is coming from to dispute it with and it is not an account that I can dispute...Its just a note. I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this situation it will be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with removing a "note" on credit that is wrong.

FCRA 611(a) permits a consumer to dispute any information of record in their credit file at the time of the dispute.

Special comments are specifically provided for under the CRA reporting manual, and are subject to dispute the same as any other information.

If the special comment was provided by a furnisher, the CRA is required to forward a copy of the dispute to the party who furnished the comment.

If the furnisher does not verify its continued accuracy, the CRA must delete the information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.