Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with something on my CR that is not mine

tag
tgmarks

Help with something on my CR that is not mine

Hi all,
   I am new to the site and in need of some help. I have a relative who thought that it would be a good idea to memorize my social # and then use it when convenient for setting up utilities etc. problem is that when he moves, he doesn't pay the bills. lookied on my equifax today and he has an $1100 power bill with georgia power that was closed out in oct. of 2007. lowering my equifax to 662 meanwhile my experian doesn't have that account on it and is a 767.

i called georgia power today and they are sending me a fraud packet which sounds like it will take a few days to get here. then i have to file a police report, etc.

my questions are this:
1) anything i can do to speed this process up? this relative happens to be my brother, and i have been fighting this for a long time. this looks like the last thing on the report. i'm filing a police report either way, but i do believe he will call the power company and admit the error in his ways to them and have them change it over to him (he did this for the last utility that showed up). i was thinkiing this might help to speed up the process and get this off my report so that i can get the loan that i need.

any other ideas, thoughts, or suggestions?

thanks,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with something on my CR that is not mine

Hi tgmarks, welcome to the forums. It looks like you are taking all of the correct actions. I don't know if your brother calling will help or not, but it certainly can't hurt. This is really too bad that this happened. GL

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.