Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Help!!

Okay right now i feel very bad Smiley Sad My dad requested my sisters and I, ssn#, DOB, and place of birth, so he could put us on his health insurance plan through his job. So I did as he told me because it was the info required  for us to have health insurance according to his boss, Well about 2 weeks have past and all of a sudden I remembered about the info. I had given him and asked him if he had given the info. to his boss, well after asking him the question he said that he didnt soo I asked him why??? He said he hasnt becuase his boss hasnt reported to work. I thought okay thats fine but were is the paper that I put my sisters and my information on????? He couldnt asnwer and just said that he was gonna check at his job to see if it was in his cubby, well 2 days have past and I asked him again if he had found that piece of papaer were I had typed all our info. And he told me "might as well forget about it because I cant make memory as to were I put it" I was sooooo mad that I just went to my room and layed down to relax. I cant stop thinking about the fact that some1 can mess up our identity and credit just because my dad didnt take care of the piece of paper.Smiley SadHow could I find out If some1 uses my sisters or my identity?? HOPEFULLY THAT DOESNT HAPPEN! I got soo mad at my dad that I still feel upset towards him for not taking care of that info. Is monitoring our credit for now, the only way to check if we see unusual activity?? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Help!!

i would just use a credit monitoring serivce to make sure.

Creditkarma is free.

of course, u can use paid ones. there's a detailed thread on the services: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

if there's indeed indentity fraud, u will have to do a credit freeze, or even request a new SSN with the social security office and all that. it's a lot of work, but nothing much u can do if that really happens. u can also read about this: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10064.html

hope that helps and best of luck.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks @enharu my sister is currently enrolled in Equifax.com, and i am enrolled on quizzle.com for now while i get more credit. Thanks again.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Freeze all 3 of your reports. Problem Solved.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

i just read your signature. since you dont have much established credit history yet, you can consider getting a new SSN if identity theft does occur.

basically u just need the people who have u on as AU to update their banks with ur new SSN.

for now just monitor to see if anything happens. more than likely nothing will happen though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks!!@enhharu I will do that and hope that nothing will happen. Thanks for your advice Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.