Did you mean: 

Help!

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Help!

@JMMD wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

DOLA is simply the date they last reported information to the CRA, and as stated, does not effect the DOFD and thus does not effect CR exclusion.

To the extent that the update may affect FICO scoring is in and of itself not disputable.  That is an internal FICO scoring issue.  Since the collection was already paid and thus terminated/closed, FICO may not alter its scoring based on activty that occured after it was closed.  That is not the same as a DOLA related to payment.

The real issue, as I see it, is that WHAT they reported was inaccurate, not that it has a DOLA.

You did not dispute, you sent a GW request.  Thus, reporting of a pending dispute was erroneous.

That effects your scoring until they report resolution of the "dispute," which is not going to happen since you dont have a dispute.

Resolving that matter can raise its own dilemma.  If you now send them a real dspute of their inaccurate reporting of a dispute, you will then have a legit pending dispute.

I would contact them and request that they report deletion of their prior reporting that you have a pending dispute.

That may not effect your issue of impact on scoring, as their reporting of an update of their prior reporting will have its own DOLA, and would be accurate, and thus not disputable.

Howver, it would address what I consider to be the more significant error of inaccurate reporting of a non-exitent pending dispute.

The DOLA impacts of all that is buried within the bowels of the FICO algorithm.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are saying, but I had already sent a dispute through the CR yesterday. I went back, hoping to delete it, and couldn't. Now what happens? I hate this.

What are you disputing?  Are you disputing the Date Reported because it is 10/13 or are you disputing the remark that says the consumer disputes account information that was appended after your GW letter?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help!

@Walt_K wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

DOLA is simply the date they last reported information to the CRA, and as stated, does not effect the DOFD and thus does not effect CR exclusion.

To the extent that the update may affect FICO scoring is in and of itself not disputable.  That is an internal FICO scoring issue.  Since the collection was already paid and thus terminated/closed, FICO may not alter its scoring based on activty that occured after it was closed.  That is not the same as a DOLA related to payment.

The real issue, as I see it, is that WHAT they reported was inaccurate, not that it has a DOLA.

You did not dispute, you sent a GW request.  Thus, reporting of a pending dispute was erroneous.

That effects your scoring until they report resolution of the "dispute," which is not going to happen since you dont have a dispute.

Resolving that matter can raise its own dilemma.  If you now send them a real dspute of their inaccurate reporting of a dispute, you will then have a legit pending dispute.

I would contact them and request that they report deletion of their prior reporting that you have a pending dispute.

That may not effect your issue of impact on scoring, as their reporting of an update of their prior reporting will have its own DOLA, and would be accurate, and thus not disputable.

Howver, it would address what I consider to be the more significant error of inaccurate reporting of a non-exitent pending dispute.

The DOLA impacts of all that is buried within the bowels of the FICO algorithm.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are saying, but I had already sent a dispute through the CR yesterday. I went back, hoping to delete it, and couldn't. Now what happens? I hate this.

What are you disputing?  Are you disputing the Date Reported because it is 10/13 or are you disputing the remark that says the consumer disputes account information that was appended after your GW letter?

Both actually, which is what I put in the dispute.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.